Selection Events Released for 2015 US Pan American Games Team
2014 Hobie 16 North American Championships will be the selection event for the 2015 US Pan American Games Team.
Portsmouth, R.I. ( February 14, 2014) - The US Olympic Sailing Committee (OSC) has released the list of selection events for the 2015 United States Pan American Games Team, which will compete at the Toronto 2015 Pan American Games.
Pending approval by the US Olympic Committee (USOC), the top eligible team at the following events will qualify for the Pan American Games if the US has qualified as a country in the class.
- RS:X Men: 2015 ISAF Sailing World Cup Miami (January 24-31, 2015)
- RS:X Women: 2015 ISAF Sailing World Cup Miami (January 24-31, 2015)
- Sunfish: 2015 Sunfish Mid-Winters (Melbourne, Fla., March 20-22, 2015)
- Laser: 2015 ISAF Sailing World Cup Miami (January 24-31, 2015)
- Laser Radial: 2015 ISAF Sailing World Cup Miami (January 24-31, 2015)
- Hobie 16: 2014 North Americans (Lewes, Del., September 22-26, 2014)
- Lightning: 2015 Winter Championships (St. Petersburg, Fla., March 12-15, 2015)
- Snipe: Pan American Games Trials (San Diego, Calif., October 11-13, 2014)
- 49er FX: 2015 ISAF Sailing World Cup Miami (January 24-31, 2015)
- J24: Pan American Games Trials (Marion, Mass. August 15-17, 2014)*
*If the United States does not qualify for a J24 berth at the 2014 J24 North American Championships, then the Trials will be held in Tampa, FL February 27-March 1, 2015.
Updates will be posted here:
About US Sailing:
The United States Sailing Association (US Sailing), the national governing body for sailing, provides leadership, integrity, and growth for the sport in the United States. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Portsmouth, Rhode Island, US Sailing is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization. US Sailing offers training and education programs for instructors and race officials, supports a wide range of sailing organizations and communities, issues offshore rating certificates, and provides administration and oversight of competitive sailing across the country, including National Championships and the US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider. For more information, please visit www.ussailing.org.
Contact: Will Ricketson, Olympic Communications Manager, US Sailing. 401-683-0800, x621, email@example.com